Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Ladies!

It's been a wonderful day and it's just about time to call it a night......at least here in Blog land.   But before I do I want to introduce you to a couple more or my ladies.  The first one is a "Lady of Reflection."  She is an adorable handheld mirror.  No more excuses for bedhead! 






My "Lady of Reflection" is painted in a soothing shade of aqua blue, and embellished with cream and white paper daisies.  The daisies were then topped with an aqua blue gemstone.  The colors sure do put me in the mood for Spring!

The next lady I'd like you to meet is a "Welcome Lady."  She's the perfect Lady to greet customers at any store door.  She can say "Hello!" or announce a SALE.






This "Welcome Lady" has a skirt painted in sky blue acrylic, and is embellished with red, white and black floral accents.  Her blouse, the upper half of her body, is painted with chalkboard paint.  I painted the words on this particular Lady so that they would clearly stand out in the photos, but a store owner can use chalk and write whatever they would like. 

It's off to grill a chicken breast and make a salad for dinner, then I'm going to relax and begin to read the book I bought today on blogging.  Look out world!!!!!

Sweet dreams....................



         

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn, these are so awesome! I love them! What a beautiful gift and talent God has given you in your creativity and your painting!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete