Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jesus Girl

One thing I'd like you to know about me is that I'm a Jesus Girl!  What does that mean?  That means that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.  I believe that He died on the cross for my sin, and rose again 3 days later.  By confessing my sin, asking for forgiveness, and inviting Him into my heart I now have eternal life, and one day I will live in Heaven with Him forever.  While on this earth I am called to glorify Him in all that I say and do, and when I don't, I ask Him to forgive me and He faithfully does.  I read the following in my morning devotions and wanted to share it with you because it's content embodies my life.

Now You Have Me, God!

Now You have me, God!
You have me irrevocably.
No reserve
No retreat
No turning back.

Now You have me, God!
All I feel
Dream
Aspire
All I long withheld.
My resistance
Triumphs
Defeats
My stalwart resolves
My crumbling dreams
My glittering awards
My blind alleys.

Now You have me, God!
All which is past
All which is now
All that may yet unfold,
The barriers are broken
The turmoil has stilled
Your Word is my Yes
Your notes are my song.

Now You have me, God!
You knocked
And still knocked
And I opened the door.
Now at last......
At long last
I know:

JOY!!!!!!!
As the rushing sea.
PEACE!!!!!!!
As a meadow at twilight.
STRENGTH!!!!!!!
As a towering mountain.
TRUST!!!!!!!
As a wide-eyed child
Who walks
In the gentle rain
Holding
A father's hand.

It's snowing outside, what a perfect day to paint, and paint, and paint some more!!!!!  Have a wonderful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment